One of the beauties of Reiki is that we can use it to heal ourselves and recover from the emotional injuries and stress that we have experienced through traumatic childhoods, overwork, substance abuse and the like.
If you believe that such challenges to your emotional well-being is affecting you Reiki may be just the answer for you.
Reiki healing is a Japanese healing art that uses natural, Universal energy to restore balance to the emotions, mind and body. Reiki has been used for decades to improve the quality of life of countless individuals who are suffering from a variety of physical, mental, and emotional issues.
The focus of this article is on how you can use Reiki to restore balance to your emotions. Healing our emotions is so important, because our emotions affect the quality of our social relations and also how we think and act. It affects everything that we do.
Reiki offers two ways to heal your emotional makeup: use a Reiki practitioner or Master, or learn to do Reiki healing for yourself. Practitioner have experienced First Degree and Second Degree Reiki training, while a Master has also trained and reached a Third-Degree level, the most rigorous training available. These folks are able to do treatments in their office or at your home. Several treatments may be required for you to find relief with the emotional issues with which you might be having a problem.
The second option is to perform Reiki self-healing.
Either option will work and produce results. Below is a simplified self-healing process for emotional issues. Perform all of these steps to do a complete treatment. Repeat as often as you need to. The beauty of Reiki is that with proper intent it is hard to “mess it up”. It’s a natural and gentle healing system that almost anybody can learn.
1. First, draw the First and Second Symbols of Reiki (Cho Ku Rei & Sei Hei Ki). Doing this will attune you to that part of yourself that is capable of channeling Universal energy. You can learn to draw them from a variety of books on the subject or by going to YouTube on the internet.
2. Picture the emotional issue you may be having, perhaps recalling a specific instance in which the issue arose. Fix a clear image in your mind and then let the image fade to one where all of the colors are grey.
3. When the image has become gray, visualize a new picture in your mind that corresponds to the outcome you would like to have. Again, be as specific as possible
4. Hold this new picture clearly in your mind and stamp it into your memory, substituting it for your old, undesirable picture.
5. Create a positive statement, an affirmation, to go along with the new picture such as “I see myself responding this way whenever I am confronted with this particular situation” (be specific as to what your response will be and the situation).
6. Verbally repeat this affirmation to yourself while placing your hands over your forehead. Allow, or channel, Universal energy (rei) to flow into the personal energy center located in your forehead, just above the center of your eyebrows (called the “third eye”). Now place your hands over your heart and channel rei into your heart chakra, repeating the affirmation. Lastly, in your mind’s eye, “see” where the emotion is “residing” in you. (If fear is the emotion, for example, you may see or feel it in the stomach area). Channel rei using your hands into that area of your body. Repeat the affirmation. Do each of these hand placements for a minute or two. Experience the healing energy that Reiki brings to each.
End the session with a simple “Thank you” to the Universe.
Nothing magical, nothing mysterious, about this, really. It’s something we should all learn to do as a blessing for ourselves.
Now I realize that there was some new terminology in this exercise and that you might be concerned about “doing it right”. The exercise was intended to give you a taste of what Reiki is all about.
It helps if you experience at least one Reiki healing session with a practitioner, so you can hear what she/he does and how they do it. Ask for an attunement ceremony. Attunement spiritually connects you more strongly to the Source of Universal energies, which is one of the purposes of Reiki.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe